AAMA CEU’s and Contact Hours
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded for AAMA education programs according to the criteria set by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training, i.e., one hour of continuing education equals 0.1 CEU (point one CEU). CEU’s are awarded in increments of 0.5 CEU (point five CEU)
- Contact hours are awarded on an hour by hour basis, i.e., one hour of continuing education equals one contact hour
- The actual number of CEUs or contact hours awarded to conference participants is based on sessions attended. Those sessions are recorded by attendees on their evaluation forms
- Certificates are sent when requested following the conference
Organizations that approve AAMA for Continuing Education Credit
- The AAMA applies annually for continuing education credits for conferences from:
- American Association of Respiratory Care
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
American Academy of Medical Administrators Research & Education Foundation is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Illinois Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Please note: contact hours are for reporting hours of education programming attended and are not equivalent to points used in AAMA advancement or CAAMA recredential programs
AAMA Contact Hour Application
AAMA will grant other organizations contact hours for educational programs that support the professional development of healthcare administrators. Organizations interested in qualifying their educational programs for AAMA Continuing Education Contact Hours must complete and submit the AAMA Contact Hour Application.
Questions about CEUs or contact hours may be directed to Education Coordinator at 847/759-8601.