Candidates must demonstrate distinctive contributions to both their organization and the healthcare field as a whole that provided an environment for delivering the maximum level of quality care with dignity and human concern.
- Nominations accepted from general membership until June 1; Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations require completion of AAMA’s online Nomination Form
- Following receipt of qualified nominations, candidates will be asked to complete an application detailing their background and accomplishments to demonstrate how he/she successfully meets the award requirements and outlined competencies.
- Deadline for receipt of nominee’s completed application package is July 1.
- Candidates will be notified of the final selection in mid-August.
Nominate an Exceptional Colleague Today!
- AAMA Fellow in good standing
- Contributed to the Academy in a leadership capacity
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the healthcare field.
- Current executive level position in the healthcare field Career
Achievements in Last 20 Years: Demonstrates distinctive contributions to both their organization and the healthcare field as a whole that provided an environment for delivering the maximum level of quality care with dignity and human concern as noted by the individual’s achievements in the field during the last twenty years. Achievements are characterized by initiative, innovation, and performance results at his/her organization.
Demonstrates the ability to lead an organization, colleagues and/or staff, to improve the overall healthcare process. Focuses on strategic, long-range view as well as organization’s immediate operational needs. Mentors others in the organization to develop strong leadership skills.
Community Contributions and Service:
Is committed not only to the organization for which he/she works, but has made substantial contributions to the healthcare field through volunteer participation with local and/or national organizations advocating for the well-being of the healthcare community.
Academy Contributions and Service:
Has held positions of leadership with the Academy (i.e., AAMA Board, College Board, Committee, State Director, Task Force, etc.), in which the individual contributed to the improvement of the organization. Recognition of Recipient: The recipient receives an inscribed plaque and presentation of the Award at the Academy’s Annual Conference. Additionally, he/she is recognized in Academy publications, website, and press releases sent to national and local healthcare publications.
Award and Recognition:
The recipient receives an inscribed plaque and presentation of the Award at the Academy’s annual conference.
*The AAMA Healthcare Executive of the Year Award was conceived in 2007 resulting from the AAMA Board of Directors decision to merge the Harry Shubin, MD Statesman in Healthcare Administration (view past recipients) and William Newcomer Healthcare Executive of the Year Awards (view past recipients) into a single executive-level award to provide enhanced visibility and recognition of recipients’ extraordinary contributions.