RECOGNIZE THE LEADERS IN YOUR PROFESSION!
The American Academy of Medical Administrators honors both members and non-members for outstanding service to healthcare and the Academy at its Annual Conference and Convocation. You are invited to submit nominations no later than July 1, 2000, for the following awards.
The following awards are granted each year based on nominations from affiliates:
- Honorary Fellowship
- Recognizes non-members for outstanding contributions to the healthcare field and/or humanitarian efforts and accomplishments. More than one person may be recognized.
- William Newcomer Healthcare Executive of the Year Award
- Recognizes an Academy Member or Fellow who has demonstrated outstanding executive performance in his/her organization with accomplishments revealing initiative, innovation and performance results. The candidate should demonstrate outstanding community service and support a philosophy that healthcare management must provide an environment for delivering the maximum level of quality care with dignity and human concern.
- State Director of the Year Award
- Recognizes a State Director for special services to the Academy; specifically, in living up to the responsibilities of a State Director as Designated by the Board of Directors.
- Distinguished Service Award
- Recognizes Members and Fellows who have provided outstanding service to the Academy. More than one person may be recognized.
- Harry Shubin, M.D. Statesman in Healthcare Administration Award
- Recognizes a member or non-member who, in at least 20 years of service to the healthcare field, has made a significant innovative contribution to the aims of quality healthcare delivery.
These awards are presented at the Annual Conference in November.
2000 Awards Committee
|Thomas E. Battles, FAAMA, Chair||Larry W. Collins, FAAMA|
|Patricia H. Stanfill, FAAMA||Daniel G. Whalen, MSC,USN, CFAAMA|