The Project/Program Manager (PM) will assist in the development, coordination and implementation of evidence-based medicine practices, including order set development and clinical decision support, tosupport the initiation of computerized physician order entry (CPOE) and other clinical informatics projects.
The PM will work with the AlexiCARE Clinical Informatics Committee (ACIC), its subcommittees, Order Set Development and Clinical Informatics Teams at each hospital.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required, Masterâ€™s degree preferred
- Healthcare experience required. Knowledge of clinical services and operations desired
- Certified Black Belt a plus
- Five to seven plus years in healthcare environment
- Three to five years of work experience applying technology
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- Experience in process improvement methodologies â€“ LEAN, Six Sigma, value stream mapping preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with large cross functional teams and projects to the successful achievement of goals
- Negotiates effectively, handles complex problems of a sensitive nature
- Effectively mentors others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to deal effectively with physicians and all levels of the organization
- Ability to oversee process and outcome of key functional areas critical to project
- Supervises projects according to plan. Tracks and reports project milestones.
- Ability to interpret trends and recommend strategies
- Action oriented with experience in driving change and delivering results
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
NOTE: The health system will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Key Responsibility Areas
The PM should be a strong, results-oriented individual with clinical experience who is self-directed towards accomplishing project goals, and who can work well with cross functional teams, especially physicians, in a time-sensitive, challenging environment. He or she will:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Alexicare Clinical Informatics Committee (ACIC) and other stakeholders.
- Develop full scale project plans, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Coordinate the agendas for all meetings. Document project minutes and track issues.
- Identity and develop a communication system for decision-making and reporting throughout projects.
Order Set Development and Implementation
- Develop the knowledge and skill set requisite to utilizing Zynx Author Space in building Order Sets.
- Ensure that Order Set creation is coordinated to avoid needless repetition of work at the various hospitals.
- Oversee the creation of a warehouse of approved Order Sets that will serve as the starting point for Order Set adoption at each of the hospitals.
- Facilitate the work including the tracking of Order Set development, the electronic posting of draft Order Sets for review and suggestions by subcommittee members, preparation for subcommittee meetings that involve Order Set creation and approval, and the Order Set approval and release process.
- Facilitate order set review and approval for release, with facility order set teams.
- Provide weekly reports of Shift: Days
Hours: 1.0 / 80 hours per pp