About the American Academy of Medical Administrators
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, the American Academy of Medical Administrators (AAMA) is an association of multi-disciplinary healthcare management professionals at all levels, within all types of health organizations. The AAMA seeks to advance excellence in healthcare leadership by:
- Developing and refining effective leadership, management concepts and practices in the field of healthcare administration.
- Promoting the advancement of members’ knowledge, professional development credentials and personal achievements through continuing education and research in healthcare management provided by the AAMA Foundation.
- Providing Colleges that focus on specific specialties of healthcare administration.
- Establishing a Code of Ethics to guide healthcare leaders in the practice of medical administration.
- Defining Strategic Initiatives to steer AAMA’s attention and resources.
To advance excellence in healthcare leadership through individual relationships, multi-disciplinary interaction, practical business tools and active engagement.
To be the recognized catalyst for inspiring healthcare administrators to advance themselves in positions of leadership.
As a volunteer-run organization, our leaders embody the spirit of service and show their commitment to the medical industry each day. They are an esteemed group of medical professionals who lay the foundation for the organization’s direction and ensure our vision and mission are being carried out.
Our Contact Information
The Academy’s headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. Regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. central time, Monday – Friday.
American Academy of Medical Administrators330 N Wabash Ave, Suite 2000Chicago, IL 60611Phone: 312-321-6815Fax: 312-673-6705
E-mail: [email protected]